Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
Gasgas (gas),USA pronunciation n., pl. gas•es, v., gassed, gas•sing.
- [Physics.]a substance possessing perfect molecular mobility and the property of indefinite expansion, as opposed to a solid or liquid.
- any such fluid or mixture of fluids.
- any such fluid used as an anesthetic, as nitrous oxide: Did the dentist give you gas for your extraction?
- any such combustible fluid used as fuel: Light the gas in the oven.
- Also called gas pedal. the foot-operated accelerator of an automotive vehicle: Take your foot off the gas.
- [Coal Mining.]an explosive mixture of firedamp with air.
- an aeriform fluid or a mistlike assemblage of fine particles suspended in air, used in warfare to asphyxiate, poison, or stupefy an enemy.
- empty talk.
- a person or thing that is very entertaining, pleasing, or successful: The party was an absolute gas, and we loved it.
- a person or thing that affects one strongly.
- step on the gas, [Informal.]to increase the speed of one's movement or activity;
hurry: We'd better step on the gas or we'll be late for the concert.
- to supply with gas.
- to overcome, poison, or asphyxiate with gas or fumes.
- to singe (yarns or fabrics) with a gas flame to remove superfluous fibers.
- to treat or impregnate with gas.
- to talk nonsense or falsehood to.
- to amuse or affect strongly: Her weird clothes really gas me.
- to give off gas, as a storage battery being charged.
- to indulge in idle, empty talk.
- to become drunk (often fol. by up).
- gas up, to fill the gasoline tank of an automobile, truck, or other vehicle.
Fireplacefire•place (fīər′plās′),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of a chimney that opens into a room and in which fuel is burned;
- any open structure, usually of masonry, for keeping a fire, as at a campsite.
Bebe (bē;[unstressed]bē, bi),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. am, 2nd are or ([Archaic]) art, 3rd is, pres. pl. are* past sing. 1st pers. was, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wast or wert, 3rd was, past pl. were;
pres. subj. be;
past subj. sing. 1st pers. were, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wert, 3rd were;
past subj. pl. were;
past part. been;
pres. part. be•ing.
- to exist or live: Shakespeare's "To be or not to be'' is the ultimate question.
- to take place;
occur: The wedding was last week.
- to occupy a place or position: The book is on the table.
- to continue or remain as before: Let things be.
- to belong;
befall: May good fortune be with you.
- (used as a copula to connect the subject with its predicate adjective, or predicate nominative, in order to describe, identify, or amplify the subject): Martha is tall. John is president. This is she.
- (used as a copula to introduce or form interrogative or imperative sentences): Is that right? Be quiet! Don't be facetious.
- (used with the present participle of another verb to form the progressive tense): I am waiting.
- (used with the present participle or infinitive of the principal verb to indicate future action): She is visiting there next week. He is to see me today.
- (used with the past participle of another verb to form the passive voice): The date was fixed. It must be done.
- (used in archaic or literary constructions with some intransitive verbs to form the perfect tense): He is come. Agamemnon to the wars is gone.
Convertedcon•vert•ed (kən vûr′tid),USA pronunciation adj.
- noting a specified type of person who has been converted from the religion, beliefs, or attitudes characteristic of that type: a converted Christian; a converted thief.
- noting anything, formerly of the type specified, that has been converted to something else: His yacht is a converted destroyer escort.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Woodwood1 (wŏŏd),USA pronunciation n.
- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark;
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes;
timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle: aged in the wood.
- See wood block (def. 1).
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- Often, woods. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a large and thick collection of growing trees;
a grove or forest: They picnicked in the woods.
- [Golf.]a club with a wooden head, as a driver, brassie, spoon, or baffy for hitting long shots. Cf. iron (def. 5).
- have the wood on, [Australian Slang.]to have an advantage over or have information that can be used against.
- knock on wood, (used when knocking on something wooden to assure continued good luck): The car's still in good shape, knock on wood.Also, esp. Brit.,touch wood.
- out of the woods:
- out of a dangerous, perplexing, or difficult situation;
- no longer in precarious health or critical condition;
out of danger and recovering.
- made of wood;
- used to store, work, or carry wood: a wood chisel.
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- to cover or plant with trees.
- to supply with wood;
get supplies of wood for.
- to take in or get supplies of wood (often fol. by up): to wood up before the approach of winter.
Also, D.I.Y., d.i.y.
- do-it-yourself: DIY house decorating.
Networknet•work (net′wûrk′),USA pronunciation n.
- any netlike combination of filaments, lines, veins, passages, or the like: a network of arteries; a network of sewers under the city.
- [Radio and Television.]
- a group of transmitting stations linked by wire or microwave relay so that the same program can be broadcast or telecast by all.
- a company or organization that provides programs to be broadcast over these stations: She was hired by the network as program coordinator.
- a system of interrelated buildings, offices, stations, etc., esp. over a large area or throughout a country, territory, region, etc.: a network of supply depots.
- an arrangement of conducting elements, as resistors, capacitors, or inductors, connected by conducting wire.
- a netting or net.
- a system containing any combination of computers, computer terminals, printers, audio or visual display devices, or telephones interconnected by telecommunication equipment or cables: used to transmit or receive information.
- an association of individuals having a common interest, formed to provide mutual assistance, helpful information, or the like: a network of recent college graduates.
- to cultivate people who can be helpful to one professionally, esp. in finding employment or moving to a higher position: His business lunches were taken up with networking.
- to place (as a program from a local radio or television station) in or on a network: The station will try to network the local cooking show.
- to connect to a network.
- to distribute widely: We charge a small fee for networking your résumé.
- to cover with or as if with a network: to network a bay with buoy markers.
- to organize into a network: to network the state's independent stations.
- to broadcast (a program) over a radio or television network.
Howdy there, this image is about Can A Gas Fireplace Be Converted To Wood #10 DIY Network. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 531 x 398. This picture's file size is only 37 KB. Wether You want to save This picture to Your computer, you could Click here. You could also download more images by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Can A Gas Fireplace Be Converted To Wood.
The house generally has its own identity. Likewise with the pad or cottages can be found in britain. Don't desire to alter the building's design is an excessive amount of, Can A Gas Fireplace Be Converted To Wood #10 DIY Network patterns and conventional bungalow compete.
Never questioned an outcome, beautiful! To be able to take care of a building's personality, the custom Alex St of Home Structure introducing a kitchen style in addition to the key building. The effect? Gorgeous! Yes, Chelshire was located in by a bungalow, the UK is the building in question.
The cottage was built in the 18th-century and it is today past renovation's stage. Instead of attempting to replicate the kind of the pad, Alex St made a decision to build yet another kitchen layout that maintain the smoothness with this house and will reduce the structural change of the entire hotel.