Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
Firesfire (fīər),USA pronunciation n., v., fired, fir•ing.
- a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- a burning mass of material, as on a hearth or in a furnace.
- the destructive burning of a building, town, forest, etc.;
- heat used for cooking, esp. the lighted burner of a stove: Put the kettle on the fire.
- See Greek fire.
- flashing light;
- brilliance, as of a gem.
- burning passion;
excitement or enthusiasm;
- liveliness of imagination.
- fever or inflammation.
- severe trial or trouble;
- exposure to fire as a means of torture or ordeal.
- strength, as of an alcoholic beverage.
- a spark or sparks.
- the discharge of firearms: enemy fire.
- the effect of firing military weapons: to pour fire upon the enemy.
- a gas or electric heater used for heating a room.
- [Literary.]a luminous object, as a star: heavenly fires.
- between two fires, under physical or verbal attack from two or more sides simultaneously: The senator is between two fires because of his stand on the bill.
- build a fire under, [Informal.]to cause or urge to take action, make a decision quickly, or work faster: If somebody doesn't build a fire under that committee, it will never reach a decision.
- catch fire:
- Also, catch on fire. to become ignited;
burn: The sofa caught fire from a lighted cigarette.
- to create enthusiasm: His new book did not catch fire among his followers.
- fight fire with fire, to use the same tactics as one's opponent;
return like for like.
- go through fire and water, to brave any danger or endure any trial: He said he would go through fire and water to win her hand.
- hang fire:
- to be delayed in exploding, or fail to explode.
- to be undecided, postponed, or delayed: The new housing project is hanging fire because of concerted opposition.
- miss fire:
- to fail to explode or discharge, as a firearm.
- to fail to produce the desired effect;
be unsuccessful: He repeated the joke, but it missed fire the second time.
- on fire:
zealous: They were on fire to prove themselves in competition.
- play with fire, to trifle with a serious or dangerous matter: He didn't realize that insulting the border guards was playing with fire.
- set fire to:
- to cause to burn;
- to excite;
inflame: The painting set fire to the composer's imagination.Also, set on fire.
- take fire:
- to become ignited;
- to become inspired with enthusiasm or zeal: Everyone who heard him speak immediately took fire.
- under fire:
- under attack, esp. by military forces.
- under censure or criticism: The school administration is under fire for its policies.
- to set on fire.
- to supply with fuel;
attend to the fire of: They fired the boiler.
- to expose to the action of fire;
subject to heat.
- to apply heat to in a kiln for baking or glazing;
- to heat very slowly for the purpose of drying, as tea.
- to inflame, as with passion;
fill with ardor.
- to inspire.
- to light or cause to glow as if on fire.
- to discharge (a gun).
- to project (a bullet or the like) by or as if by discharging from a gun.
- to subject to explosion or explosive force, as a mine.
- to hurl;
throw: to fire a stone through a window.
- to dismiss from a job.
- to apply a heated iron to (the skin) in order to create a local inflammation of the superficial structures, with the intention of favorably affecting deeper inflammatory processes.
- to drive out or away by or as by fire.
- to take fire;
- to glow as if on fire.
- to become inflamed with passion;
- to shoot, as a gun.
- to discharge a gun: to fire at a fleeing enemy.
- to hurl a projectile.
- to ring the bells of a chime all at once.
- (of plant leaves) to turn yellow or brown before the plant matures.
- (of an internal-combustion engine) to cause ignition of the air-fuel mixture in a cylinder or cylinders.
- (of a nerve cell) to discharge an electric impulse.
- fire away, to begin to talk and continue without slackening, as to ask a series of questions: The reporters fired away at the president.
- fire off:
- to discharge (as weapons, ammunition, etc.): Police fired off canisters of tear gas.
- to write and send hurriedly: She fired off an angry letter to her congressman.
Hi there, this photo is about House Fires ( House Fires #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1315 x 930. It's file size is only 145 KB. If You want to save This post to Your laptop, you might Click here. You might also see more attachments by clicking the image below or see more at here: House Fires.
The bedrooms were used-to make or produce food, that impression of the kitchen. Because the House Fires ( House Fires #4) is actually a destination for a prepare and place anything carelessly because of the aftereffects of the dash of cooking for many dinners were burnt etc, so it might be stated the kitchen is one-room that is typically messy and dirty.
Style your kitchen right into a minimalist kitchen, use your innovative facet to style a minimalist kitchen within your house, because the minimalist kitchen is really a kitchen that is designed with a kitchen set plus a lot of kitchen cupboards as you are able to employ to put a cooking products. Which means you no longer must create a hook or hook in your home to get a minimalist home is complete.
Definitely you'll feel relaxed while cooking, if your House Fires ( House Fires #4) appears tidy and clean. With a cozy home, cooking is enjoyable, as the taste of food depends on the feeling of people who are cooking, along with the consequence is the maximum your recipes can taste better.
So it's currently plenty of kitchens that have an interesting product having a selection of furniture for kitchenware on a standard base whilst or saving things not to fall apart. Possibly for some people the most easy way to organize the cooking utensils inside the kitchen is to add land or a hook to retain some cooking items that may be put.