Letlet1 (let),USA pronunciation v., let, let•ting, n.
- to allow or permit: to let him escape.
- to allow to pass, go, or come: to let us through.
- to grant the occupancy or use of (land, buildings, rooms, space, etc., or movable property) for rent or hire (sometimes fol. by out).
- to contract or assign for performance, usually under a contract: to let work to a carpenter.
- to cause to;
make: to let one know the truth.
- (used in the imperative as an auxiliary expressive of a request, command, warning, suggestion, etc.): Let me see. Let us go. Just let them try it!
- to admit of being rented or leased: The apartment lets for $100 per week.
- let alone. See alone (def. 5).
- let be:
- to refrain from interference.
- to refrain from interfering with.
- let down:
- to disappoint;
- to betray;
- to slacken;
abate: We were too near success to let down in our efforts.
- to allow to descend slowly;
- (of an airplane) to descend from a higher to a lower altitude preparatory to making an approach and landing or a similar maneuver.
- let go. See go (def. 82).
- let in:
- to admit.
- to involve (a person) in without his or her knowledge or permission: to let someone in for a loss.
- Also, let into. to insert into the surface of (a wall or the like) as a permanent addition: to let a plaque into a wall.
- Also, let in on. to share a secret with;
permit to participate in.
- let off:
- to release by exploding.
- to free from duty or responsibility;
- to allow to go with little or no punishment;
pardon: The judge let off the youthful offender with a reprimand.
- let on:
- to reveal one's true feelings: She was terrified at the prospect, but didn't let on.
- to pretend: They let on that they didn't care about not being invited, but I could tell that they were hurt.
- let out:
- to divulge;
- to release from confinement, restraint, etc.
- to enlarge (a garment).
- to terminate;
end: When does the university let out for the summer?
- to make (a let-out fur or pelt).
- let someone have it, [Informal.]to attack or assault, as by striking, shooting, or rebuking: The gunman threatened to let the teller have it if he didn't move fast.
- let up:
- to slacken;
abate: This heat wave should let up by the end of the week.
- to cease;
stop: The rain let up for a few hours.
- let up on, to treat less severely;
be more lenient with: He refused to let up on the boy until his grades improved.
- a lease.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Gamesgame1 (gām),USA pronunciation n., adj., gam•er, gam•est, v., gamed, gam•ing.
- an amusement or pastime: children's games.
- the material or equipment used in playing certain games: a store selling toys and games.
- a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
- a single occasion of such an activity, or a definite portion of one: the final game of the season; a rubber of three games at bridge.
- the number of points required to win a game.
- the score at a particular stage in a game: With five minutes to play, the game was 7 to 0.
- a particular manner or style of playing a game: Her game of chess is improving.
- anything resembling a game, as in requiring skill, endurance, or adherence to rules: the game of diplomacy.
- a trick or strategy: to see through someone's game.
sport of any kind;
joke: That's about enough of your games.
- wild animals, including birds and fishes, such as are hunted for food or taken for sport or profit.
- the flesh of such wild animals or other game, used as food: a dish of game.
- any object of pursuit, attack, abuse, etc.: The new boy at school seemed to be fair game for practical jokers.
- a business or profession: He's in the real-estate game.
- [Archaic.]fighting spirit;
- make game of, to make fun of;
ridicule: to make game of the weak and defenseless.
- play games, to act in an evasive, deceitful, manipulative, or trifling manner in dealing with others: Don't play games with me—I want to know if you love me or not!
- play the game, [Informal.]
- to act or play in accordance with the rules.
- to act honorably or justly: We naively assumed that our allies would continue to play the game.
- pertaining to or composed of animals hunted or taken as game or to their flesh.
- having a fighting spirit;
- having the required spirit or will (often fol. by for or an infinitive): Who's game for a hike through the woods?
- die game:
- to die after a brave struggle.
- to remain steadfast or in good spirits at the moment of defeat: He knew that as a candidate he didn't have a chance in the world, but he campaigned anyway and died game.
- to play games of chance for stakes;
- to squander in gaming (usually fol. by away).
Hi guys, this post is about Let The Games Begin. (lovely Flamingo Themed Baby Shower #9). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1296 x 863. It's file size is just 158 KB. Wether You ought to download This photo to Your computer, you should Click here. You could too see more photos by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Flamingo Themed Baby Shower.
Because of the importance of the bedroom's big event, you want to share the models that are most effective bedroom. We must select color and the layout that will produce us realize satisfaction and comfort. Peace wills motivate in a morning that is chaotic. By having an area with great Let The Games Begin. (lovely Flamingo Themed Baby Shower #9) colour could be a luxury in itself, you'll discover.
This coloring is so combinations properly using the shade taste and accessories found in this bedroom hopefully bedroom style with colour choices above will help you assess your own house over a colour scheme that is most relaxed for-you. Of selecting the most appropriate coloring the bedrooms are smartly designed first. Selecting a color scheme you want and make you experience most relaxed could be the issue that is most significant that you need to consider. Do not neglect to be sure that whatsoever shade mix you decide on must match every aspect in your bedroom.
When coupled together with the ideal highlight shades like shades of silver, blue green that is light Let The Games Begin. (lovely Flamingo Themed Baby Shower #9) could be great colors for your room. Glistening extras relaxed and could make your space more spectacular. It is using yellow color is the top coloring for that room and was spoton, not too vibrant but comforting.